In the last of the drugstore makeup posts I have a purple smokey/night time look with a sheer shimmery lip color. See below the photos for directions and products.
To get a better look at the photo of the products, click on the thumbnail to enlarge.
- I applied shade #3 of the purple eyeshadow from the lash line up to the crease and a little bit past the crease. In order to give the eye look more continuity, I also applied it to the lower lash line.
- Shade #2 (a deeper purple) should be applied to the crease to give it definition and depth and blended to eliminate harsh lines.
- The lightest eyeshadow #4, should be used as a highlight along the brow bone, just under the eyebrow. Also when applying the lightest shade you should spend a few extra moments blending it into the color below it to soften it.
- Eyeshadow #1 is the darkest purple and I applied it with a small brush along the top lash line and the outer half of the lower lash line and forming a bit of a point past the outer corner.
- I applied the CG black eyeliner along the top lash line, the outer corner of the lower lash line and in the water line.
- Then I applied the NYX blush and two coats of the L’Oreal mascara.
- When it comes to the lip color for this look I chose a light shimmery gloss to wear alone since the eyes are already darker, smokey and colorful. I like to keep a balance with emphasis on the lips and flattering, subtle eye colors or vice versa. But if you want more color simply layer the gloss over a light shade of lipstick. It would even work well with the Pink Chocolate Ulta lipstick from the previous look.
What the birthday girl wants, the birthday girl gets! (Aka: pink, purple, glitter and rhinestones) So I embellished the decorative curls she wanted with pink and purple rhinestones. I also covered the black curls in glitter but unfortunately it didn’t really show in pictures.